We are so excited you want to volunteer for Youth For Freedom! Volunteering is a great way to get involved and help make the conference a success.
As a Youth For Freedom volunteer you will be asked to do hard things, get outside your comfort zone, and be improving in every aspect of your life; and then we ask you to turn around and use your example and experiences to invite the youth who attend Youth For Freedom to do the same.
We prepare through in-person training, and conference calls, and group mentoring. This life changing training and mentoring helps you to live a life of true freedom.
The counselors represent a role model from history, prepare firesides, read books and lead a discussion on them, help plan and run a simulation, mentor and oversee the experience of a group of 6 to 8 youth, and keep the energy high throughout the conference. What is being a counselor?
– Being available for the 2 day training, regular calls, and both conferences. Reading and being prepared to lead book discussions.
– Being with and being responsible for 8-10 youth for the duration of all conferences.
– Being an example of active participation and respect during all activities, presentaions and discusion.
– Leading by example, not asking the youth to do something you wold not be willing to do yourself.
– Being someone whos life works and they can handle things when they come up in powerful ways.