Great volunteers make this conference a success!
As a Youth For Freedom volunteer you will be asked to do hard things, get outside your comfort zone, and be improving in every aspect of your life; and then we ask you to turn around and use your example and experiences to invite the youth who attend Youth For Freedom to do the same.
We prepare through in-person training, and conference calls, and group mentoring. This life changing training and mentoring helps you to live a life of true freedom.
We are looking for Counselors!
What is being a counselor?
Counselors are the leaders of the Youth for Freedom camp. They are the front lines of transformation for our youth. Each counselor will mentor and oversee the experience of a group of 6 to 10 youth and contribute to them getting an incredible experience. Counselors also prepare firesides (evening debriefs or discussions), read books and lead discussions on them, help plan and run simulations, and keep the energy high throughout the conference. They are examples of the kind of transformation that is possible through our work.
How are they able to do that?
The intention of the Counselor Program is that you will be living an awesome life and a life that you love. As a counselor you will be trained and developed in:
- Transforming your environment
- Asking powerful questions that contribute to and make a difference for the people around
- Powerfully expressing who you are and vividly sharing yourself
- Getting the results you want in your life with velocity
- Living a life that works
As a counselor you will be participating in weekly coaching calls with our trained coaches.
Be prepared for AWESOMENESS!
Requirements of a Counselor:
- Attend our Staff Training (April 17 – 19, 2020) & both Youth for Freedom conferences (June 20 – 28th)
- Participate in weekly calls (Multiple times available)
- Complete the reading for your assigned session and being prepared to lead book discussions.
- Being with and being responsible for 8-10 youth for the duration of each conference.
- Active participation and respect during all activities, presentations and discussions.
- Lead by example, only invite your youth to do things you would be willing to do yourself.
- Live a life that works and be able to handle things when they come up in powerful ways.